This is where the painting stands. Some areas I am quite pleased with, while other areas such as the muddy looking neck, I am dissatisfied. I haven't figured out how to take a photo of blondish/reddish/brownish hair without it going more red. If I desaturate the red, it affects others areas in the photo. I will also step back and look at the hair in the painting to see if there is that much red.
I'm taking my time with this watercolor, especially in the face area. One thing I have noticed with this sheet of 140 lb. Fabriano Aristico paper is it isn't absorbing water as well which is making it more difficult to get smoother transitions. I didn't soak the paper or wet it down first to remove some of the sizing.
One area I am going to work on is the left eye as I went too dark with the lashes. I will wait to do that though until I have finished applying the skin tone layers and reevaluate that area.
Since Tim's eyes in the reference photo aren't easy to read, I am using a hand mirror to view my eyes, having the light coming from the same direction so I can see where light is hitting the eye.